The First Years, a manufacturer of juvenile products for more than 60 years, is a brand that embraces an honest view of parenting. To celebrate the real journey of parenthood, The First Years is looking for a cast of characters from a wide variety of backgrounds to star in their Welcome to The Family online reality series. Families nationwide who are expecting or have recently welcomed a baby can enter The First Years Welcome to The Family Video Series contest for their chance to win a starring role, plus prizes including an iPad Air 2, $2,000 worth of baby products, and a $5,000 savings bond. Casting for The First Years Welcome to The Family video series contest kicks off Sunday, February 1 at family.thefirstyears.com.
New parents (with kids ages newborn to 20 months) and parents who are expecting a new arrival before June 1 this year are invited to enter the contest beginning February 1 at family.thefirstyears.com by submitting:
1. A Story: In 100 words or less, parents will be asked to describe what makes their new family totally unique by giving an up-close-and-personal look at the parenting journey their family is taking. The more individual their story is, the better!
2. A Video: Parents will be asked to share a 30- to 60-second video that shows what parenting moments are really like in their home, including the good, the bad, and the “I-can’t-believe-that-happened” moments. Think reality TV, only actually real—no holds barred.
More details will become available February 1 at family.thefirstyears.com. The deadline for entering The First Years Welcome to The Family Video Series contest is Sunday, March 1.
How to Become The First Years Welcome to The Family Video Series Online Reality Stars
All entries will be narrowed down to a field of up to 20 finalists, selected by a panel of judges looking for entries that best fit the story and video criteria in the Official Rules for The First Years Welcome to The Family Video Series contest. Once the finalists are selected, the general public will help choose up to five grand prize winners, following the criteria in the Official Rules. America can vote daily from March 12 to March 20, and everyone who votes will automatically be entered for the chance to score a $100 gift card.
Families chosen as the grand prize winners will each receive $2,000 worth of baby products, plus an Apple iPad Air 2 to capture video of everything from the tiniest moments to the major milestones in their household. Each week for 12 weeks, these winning families will send 5 to 10 minutes of video footage to The First Years professional video editor. He’ll use their actual footage to weave together a story of what life is really like during those first years of parenting. Each winning family that completes this 12-week project will also earn a $5,000 savings bond for their child.
For your reference, here’s a quick timeline for The First Years Welcome to The Family Video Series contest:
- February 1 to March 1: Families submit stories and videos on family.thefirstyears.com.
- March 2 to March 11: Videos are evaluated by The First Years judging panel.
- March 12: Finalists are publicly annouced.
- March 12 to March 20: The public votes to help select up to five grand prize winners.
- On or around April 7: The First Years Welcome to The Family Video Series winners are announced.
- June to August: Each winning family’s story comes to life on The First Years YouTube channel in a new, weekly online reality series.
For detailed information on how to enter The First Years Welcome to The Family video series contest, including specific video instructions, an official entry form, and the official contest rules, go to family.thefirstyears.com beginning February 1.